Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Speaking at the MySQL NoSQL & Cloud Conference & Expo in Buenos Aires

I am on my way to Argentina, where I will be speaking at the MySQL NoSQL & Cloud Conference & Expo.

I have two talks: one on my pet project MySQL Sandbox and one on replication between MySQL and MongoDB (using another project dear to me, Tungsten Replicator.

It’s my first visit to Argentina and I will try to look around a bit before the conference. And I look forward to see many ex colleagues and well known speakers at the conference. The lineup includes speakers from Percona, EffectiveMySQL, PalominoDB, MariaDB, SkySQL, Tokutek, and OpenStack.

I am looking forward to this trip. My presentation on MongoDB replication is a first for me, and I am always pleased when I can break new ground. I have the feeling that the networking is going to be more exciting than the sessions.

If you are in Buenos Aires, come to the conference and say hi!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I'm very excited for this conference. I'm from Argentina, but not from Buenos Aires. I travel tomorrow with my work mates. Sorry for not be present in the session of "Replication between MySQL and MongoDB".

Tiago said...

It is a great city for tourist. I lived in some apartments in buenos aires from 95 to 98 and I have the best memories for those times. I recommend you going to the Tigre or San Isidro, there are my favorites places there.